*a message from DCE Office of the Dean*
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
This message is a gentle reminder that applications are still being accepted for all elected positions on the Harvard Extension Student Association (HESA) Board. All information pertaining to the election (including the elections schedule, candidate eligibility criteria, campaign rules, candidate profiles, and more) can be found on the HESA Elections website.
START YOUR APPLICATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
To be eligible for election, we must receive a recommendation from a Harvard-affiliated faculty or staff member. Recommendations must be received by the application deadline of Friday, May 13th, 12:00 PM (ET). Accordingly, we strongly advise starting your application as soon as possible in order to provide your recommender with sufficient time to submit their recommendation.
Submit Your Recommender Information
PREPARE YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS
Please note that in addition to your recommendation, all other application materials must be received by Friday, May 13th, 12:00 PM (ET). These application materials include:
- A Statement of Purpose (no more than 300 words)
- A headshot (minimum 400 x 400 pixels)
- A current resume
- A copy of your current unofficial transcript
- A photo of receipts documenting campaign expenses
A link to a 3-minute (or less) video wherein you introduce yourself and address the questions below. Please note we are unable to accept or approve any videos longer than 3 minutes.
- Why are you running?
- Do you have previous board or volunteer service experience?
- What has been your biggest contribution to the HES community beyond the classroom?
- What leadership strengths and skills do you bring to the role?
- If elected, what is the top goal you hope to accomplish during your term?
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
To start and submit an application, eligible students must use the 'Call for Applications' form link included in the May 9th email announcement from the Office of the Dean. If you did not receive an email announcement as a current admitted degree candidate, or if you have any election-related questions, please contact the Office of the Dean.